Friday, January 28, 2011

Slept at my new place for the first night last night. It was peaceful. I think this is going to be GREAT! I woke up early this morning so that I could have enough to time to stop at the terrace on my way to work and pick up my bed. I wanted to get it out of the house and back to my parents. Sarah was at the house when I showed and she was willing to help me load it into the Yukon. Everything was going easy breezy until I got home. I parked the car, ran in to say hi to my mom and ran back out to my car so that I could get to work on time. What'll ya know, my dang battery was dead. So rather than be late for work, I left my car at my parents and drove the Yukon, bed and all, back down the street to work. After work I was able to jump start my car and get it back on the road ok. Time for a new battery! This has happened way too much recently.

After my somewhat un-lucky fiasco of a day, I went home. I had to hurry and change because we were doubling with a friend of Lane's for dinner that night. He swung by around 7:30 and we went to Red Robin with Fran and McKenzy. They are so cute!! I couldn't get over what a great combo they were. Fran kicked Lane out of the booth for about 10 minutes he could "interrogate" me, asking me questions like "Why Lane?" and "What exactly are your intentions with him?", etc. It was fun.

And did I mention I had a delicious wrap for dinner? It will become a craving I'm sure. Take a peek

A fresh spinach totilla with juicy chicken breast
smothered in our signature Whiskey River BBQ Sauce,
all wrapped together with Cheddar cheese, lettuce,
totilla strips and a touch of ranch dressing.

Oh it was even better than it looks and sounds. Mouth watering. Not to mention a basket of Red Robin bottomless steak fries. Ohh yummy! It was blissful really. 

After dinner, Lane and I went back to my place and attempted to watch The Emperors New Groove...however we were exhausted and both fell asleep within the first 10 minutes. He's never seen it so I've got to get him through it one of these days. Classic.

Dead battery morning didn't turn out so bad afterall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment