Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eins, zwei, drei Deusche Festival!



Did something different for date  night tonight. We went to the German Festival at the fairgrounds. Those Germans are festive! I tell you what! Music and dancing the whole night, lots of very rich and heavy food, and plenty of culture living on through the ages. We went with Lane's friend Chad Davis and his date Jazzy. We went to get some food first...which I really was not a fan of. Not the most delicious dishes I've had. Tried a hearty authentic sausage...definitely a no go! One bite was one too many for me. However, Lane fully enjoyed both his sausage and bratwurst.


Wayyy too much meat compounded into a wiener for me, thanks. haha The potatoes were good though. I can go with that.
After we finished eating we wandered around. They had random treat and craft booths scattered around the arena along with a few authentic German knick nack booths. It was fun. I think the part I loved the most of watching the old couples dancing around in their authentic German get-up to the awesome polka music playing throughout the night.


After we had as much meandering and entertainment as we could handle in a different language, we went to nickelcade. I don't know that I've ever been there before. It is beat up and dirty, but it is fun and games are played by the nickel which makes it about 3 times less expensive that other arcade places around. We had a great time goofing around and collecting tickets like 2nd graders.


Yup...I love him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment