Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wednesdays are more like Monday's in my book. You know when someone says "Ugh. It's Monday" and you can slap them on the back and say "I feel your pain" because we all know that Monday's suck? Yes well, for me it's it is more likely to be "Ugh. It's Wednesday" and there is all the Monday implications intended in the phrase. I got rear ended only minutes after leaving for work this morning. Didn't even make it out of the Terrace. We were making a left hand turn at a light and all of us had to stop in the median before merging over due to traffic...however the woman behind me didn't pay attention to any of us stopping in front of her and ran right into me. She was very nice about it and we've worked it all out with the insurance so it is fine, but it's funny how even a little bumb in the rear end can shake you up. I was surprisingly calm and collected though. The lady asked if I just wanted her contact info and we'd get going but I calmly explained I didn't feel comfortable leaving the scene of the accident until the officer could get there to do the report. Usually I cave under pressure like that, but I think I handled it all very well.

The officer was very nice, got everything taken care of and tried to send me on my way...but then my car wouldn't start. Something had completely sucked the juice out of my battery. Great. Well, the officer didn't have cables and neither did I so he called another officer to come help us out and we had to sit and wait for him. I was grateful they were so nice and patient with me. We finally got my car running and I was able to make it to work, walking through the door only about a half hour late. And I'm fortunate to have a kind and understanding boss.

Lane of course was all worried because I sent him a text rather than calling him when I got rear ended. He was so sweet about it. He even drove out to see me at lunch even though he only had about a half hour to spend with me. He brought me this care package



He said the cookies were to comfort me while I was working since he couldn't be there (they are his mom's homemade cookies that are WONDERFULLY delicious!), and the laffy taffy to remind me of the silly things we do that gets us through most of our days, granola to munch on because he took me to lunch a little early, Mountain Dew to keep me awake that evening (because I was moving a load down to my grandmas and he was going to the BYU basketball game so he wouldn't be with me to help) and a whistle from one of our other dates...to call for help whenever I need him. HELLO!! How adorable is that?? I just sat there with him the whole time thinking "Is this guy for real? I am so in love". It was a great way to get me through my rough Wednesday. I think Wednesdays might be a little less like Monday's with him around...

"I'll never have to go back to the day before you"
-Rascal Flatts
♪♥♫◦°°◦°°◦♫♥♪♪♥♫◦°°◦°°◦♫♥♪♪♥♫

When I got off work, I immediately jumped into packing things up. Tawny and I were able to move most of my stuff out to my grandmas in just over an hour! It was awesomely productive. It's going to be a task and a half getting settled in, but at least there's only one more load to actually move down. On our way home, we stopped for tacos from Dell Taco (somewhat a tradition of ours), brought them home and attempted to watch Princess and the Frog. Well, I guess it was more just me who attempted. I ended up falling asleep on the couch before we even got half way through the movie. Apparently I needed some rest. I don't like it when Lane's not around, but I suppose last night it turned out alright if I was THAT tired.

Around 10:45 Tawny woke me and said "Kels, why don't you go to your bed where you'll be more comfy?". I got up, barely coherent, climbed in bed and sent Lane a quick "I'm out" message and that was the end of it for me. haha I didn't hear Tawny and Sabrina talking, or Tawny take a shower. I was just dead to the world. It was awesome.

Overall, I won't be complaining about my Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment